Sunday, November 9, 2008

Torture on the Track

So my buddy Hairless J tells me his Crossfit workouts have tremendously improved his recovery time & his performance in krav. Seriously. He insists its true. So I think to myself, "Self, maybe you should quit hiding & try", because the truth is, I would do pretty much anything to improve my krav performance. I would stand on my head naked and play the trumpet if I really thought it would help. But I don't really think it would, so I don't do that.

SO today I joined my friends out on the track at Austin High School and did as I was told, which was the following:

run 400 meters
50 squats
5 pull ups

run 400 meters
50 push ups
5 pull ups

run 400 meters
50 sit ups
5 pull ups

run 400 meters
50 box jumps
5 pull ups

I tell you, by the next krav class I'm going to be Bruce Lee! Actually, though I'm really tired, its a good tired, and its easy to see how this will help my krav training. There is a possibility that I judged Crossfit too harshly in the past, but I'm not telling anyone that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment