Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Baby I'm Amazed

Here's why I love Fit and Fearless. When you are training, they will only ever ask you for one thing: everything you have. They will ask you for all your effort, all your willingness to suffer. They will request all your focus, all your ability to face your fears, all your drive to keep fighting through bone deep exhaustion. They will ask you for all your sweat, and maybe even a little bit of your tears and blood.

And if you give them what they ask, you will get something remarkable in return: everything they have. They will give you their undivided attention, their patience, and their support. They will give you the knowledge they earned with their own blood, sweat, and tears. They will give you their time, and their faith that you will prevail, even when you doubt it yourself. They will push you when you need to go harder, and they'll give you a break when you really need it - though not when you just think you need it.

It's said that nature is red in tooth and claw, and that is the attitude I've taken toward my own training, both physically and mentally. In return I've received a massive grizzly bear defending me. And let me tell you, when you're fighting for something, its really nice to have a grizzly bear on your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment