Thursday, February 12, 2009

Yay!

Last night's class went really well. It was a h-u-g-e class. I taught about half, The Gentleman taught the other half. I actually did really well, the only thing I messed up on was after teaching inside defenses I didn't know how to wrap it up so the Gentleman came in and saved me. Also, I've gotten used to just assisting & letting the lead teacher worry about time limits on the exercises. It allows me to spend more time individually with the students who have questions or need corrections, which is good, but now its time to master helping them while keeping an eye on the clock, and taking in the activities of the whole room. Kind of like working with my middle school students. Well, I've done it before, I can do it again.

And I've learned that I can focus much better during class if I spar or hit the bag for a few minutes just beforehand. It really focuses my brain & lets me relax and do what I need to do in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment