Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pistol Whipped!

I was only able to stay for the first 3 hours of the seminar today, as I'm in the dog house at home and had to come home early to cook & be a good wife. It was 3 hours of torment & pain, I don't mind telling you. So how come I'm still in such a great mood? The truth is, I'd rather be exhausted, in pain, & doing everything wrong in front of someone I admire, as long as I'm at krav. Maybe my sister-in-law is right and I really am insane. My right hand (gun hand) is completely black and blue and I'm sore all over. I got punched in the throat & smacked in the cheekbone with the barrell of a (fake) gun. Do I care? I do not.

The entire class was spent on gun defense, which I will not describe, though I will admit I did it wrong most of the time. I'm not sure at exactly what point John started speaking Sanskrit, which I don't speak. I only know that I stopped understanding anything he said during the last hour & could only think of food. I had the best time! I'll retain much more from yesterday's portion of the seminar, as gun defense has always been my weakest skill, but I will get it eventually, and when I do, it will be mine forever.

1 comment: